From Móra to Miravet
The tour fuller: Miravet.
No doubt it has become our most requested tour. The splendid arrival in the beautiful Miravet with its templar Miravet castle in the background is one of the main reasons. But also the fact that the further north, the more strength of the river current so we are able to paddle more miles with less effort.
We advice it is the most complete tour as it offers a bit of everything: landscape, enough river flow; the islands; best tour to watch the old wooden ferryboat in Miravet, still working with no electricity after centuries.
In this stretch, the river Ebro, seems to have a rest, between the previous gorge "Pas de l'Ase" and the next "Pas de Barrufemes".
The river takes us slowly down, so that we can enjoy the riparian vegetation, especially in the island of Galatxo and iberic settlement in Tivissa: Castellet de Banyoles.
Besides the names of trees and different species of birds, sure we will learn which are the sorts or sortetes; what "aubergins" are; which points selected the Iberians to live 25 centuries ago; stories of the Battle of the Ebro in the Spanish Civil War and of course, our guides will inform you of where to eat, what to visit, where to relax, or local customs.
So this stretch goes far from the road, and it makes this makes it particularly quiet and magical for a kayak or canoe tours.
- Estimated length :
- 2h to 2h 30' depending on the pace and the river flow.
- The best from our canoe :
- Remains of the arabic castle (XII C) in Móra d’Ebre
- Historic arched bridge in Móra d’Ebre, reconstructed after the Spanish Civil War.
- Galatxo Island. Good for birdwatching and to see fishes due to the shallowness of this place.
- Xano Island: Not always we will be able to come in, but the shore is fully green wooded.
- Lo Molló. At the foot of the Tivissa hill, we will appreciate the most important iberic settlement in the Ebro: "Lo castellet de Banyoles". We will see what it was a natural harbour for iberics.
- Villages of Ginestar and Benissanet in boths shores of the river. Known for the sweet fruits (peaches, cherries...)
- Miravet islands and old wooden ferryboat, the only one wich works with no electricity: just the river.
- Tamarisk island. Real biotope, plenty of different tamarisk species .
- Village of Miravet and templar castle in the background.
- Adults: 25 €; Non-guided tour in low season: 20 €
- Children under 14 y.o: 20 €; Non-guided tour in low season: 15 €
- Children under 8 y.o always for free;
- High Season (15 jun to 15 sept). Low (16 sept to 14 jun)
- Great discounts for groups of more than 10 people
- Briefing into technical, security and touristic;
- Choice of single kayaks , double, triple or quadruple if you have children.
- Vests and paddles.
- Graduate and expert guides accompanying throughout the route.
- Transportation back to the starting point .
- Insurance and permits to operate.
- And an amazing experience suitable for all